Quantitative case study-correlational analysis

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Quantitative case study-correlational analysis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dan Rosenberg
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I am doing a quantitative case study on L2 phonological acquisition of a class of foreign language learners. It is a descriptive, quantitative case study that will give me the insights I need in order to design a quasi-experiment in the second part of my research. Anybody has any suggestions or ideas on quantitative case studies? The number of students in the class is 13, and I am submitting them to intensive phonetic testing. Giving the instruments of data colllection, I think that a quantitative analysis is suitable here.
    An additional question: I would like to use some sort of correlational analysis to study the realtionship between certain variables. Is it really worth it to use this type of statistical analysis with a sample of 13? As far as I know, if I want to use Pearson’s correlation, a normal distribution is required. In my case, the distribution of results presents a negative skew. Are there any other statistical toold that I could use with this type of distribution?

Thanks a lot!

Dan

What about using Spearman’s Rho?
    You can use this if both variables are NOT normally distributed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.