questionnaires

Home Forums Default Forum questionnaires

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    franci pazza

hi eveybody!

I need help… can I use questionnaires for a qualitative research? I was told they are used by a quantitative approach.

let me know please )

I think, the questionnaire with open ended questions may be used to collect qualitative data. However, qualitative and quantitative research approaches are not separate only because of collecting the quantitative or qualitative data but it includes also researcher’s worldview (paradigm – set of beliefs), theoratical or conceptual framework, research design, conduct, analysis, interpretations, etc.

franci pazza

ok thank you for your answer )!

HI

I agree with Muhammad- technically open ended questions could be classed as qualitative if you treat them that way – but to use a questionnaire more qualitatively you might consider how you use it. This is to say coupled with more qualitative approaches such as interviews or focus groups or observation, giving you somewhat of a mixed methods approach.
    Good luck
    Lyndal

GIUSEPPINA

Dear Franci Pazza,
    I think that your question is right. It is impotant in order to create the inclusion/exclusion groups. I think that you can prepare a questionare related to your search field.
    I will waiting for an answer from you
    Good luck, Giuseppina

Janet

Hi every body. I have conducted 10 in depth interview with house owners of some apartments to get some original factors to test in my quantitative research. I am focusing on housing satisfaction. I had 4 questions and I asked from all of them. Now I am going to analyze my data. is there any suggestion that what is the best way of analysis for my research? thank you very much in advance

Regards

GIUSEPPINA

Dear Franci Pazza,
    I think that in this moment is the most important the reflection in oder to create the best way of analysis for the qualitative research.
    Best regards, Giuseppina

Questionanaire is a toll for collecting both qualitative and quantitative data.on further analysis you can quantify qulitative information by coding procedure. then u can apply some statisical techniques for further analysis and inference. i think your doubt has been cleared.

GIUSEPPINA

Dear Franci Pazza,
    I think that you can use the questionnaires for a qualitative research.
    Best regards, Giuseppina

GIUSEPPINA

Dear Franci Pazza,
    I think that you are made a good work with your qualitative search.
    Best regards, Giuseppina

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.