Research in Ageing

Home Forums Default Forum Research in Ageing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Interested in  discussion with anyone doing, has done or interested in doing researchwith midlife and older persons

Rob Downie
    Participant

Hi Christine: I broadly research health, gender, and aging over the life course. Past projects included social determinants of disability adult Canadian Aboriginal populations; career outcomes for older IT workers; family quality of life research with aging parents caring for at-home adult child(ren) with developmental disabilities; and secondary cancers in adult survivors of childhood cancers. Right now, part of my role is to evaluate outcomes of second career adults in two-year college retraining programs. Qualitiative/quantitative approaches. Where would you like to start the discussion? 

Hello Rob,

I am interested in using qualtative and quantitative data collection approaches in looking at  midlife and older people from in or from develoing countries. I would like to know what factors researchers are looking at in assessing healthy ageing  and the specific data collection techniques that are being used. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.