Results interpretation – crosstabs

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Results interpretation – crosstabs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi! Can anybody help me with interpetation of those results?

The aim was to check if the age influences people’s self-image when going to dance shows.

To see the influence, we need to use cross-tabulation. We need to use multivariate technique because the research question is related to questionnaire number 13.1 to 13.4 and 16. The Q.13.1 to Q.13.4 asks about the self-image when going to dance show and Q.16 asks about age. Both are metric variables because Q.13.1 to Q.13.4 uses Likert scale and Q.16 is ratio which both of them are metric data. Therefore, we will use cross-tabulation by correlation.

This is table showing the correlation between the age and self-image.

Thank you so much for any help.

Stephen Gorard
    Participant

You cannot assess ‘influence’ with this passive dataset (the reearch design would be inappropriate). You could tell if age is linked to the other items. If you think you can defend treating the 4 substantive responses as real numbers then this table tells you all you need to know. There is no link between age and the other 4. For example, the ‘effect’ size linking age to Others think better of me is less than 0.0003 (R2). This is a clear finding.

PS you need to ignore the ** listed with the other coefficients. They do not make sense, and even if they did I@ doubt you have a complete random sample anyway.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.