Sample size calculation

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Sample size calculation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    shahid

I just want to know how to calculate the sample size for evalutating the mutual fund performance.

Would your population is pakistan market or any other specific if other than pakistan than which one?
    What you want to study? means the objective ?

shahid

Respected Madam,
    Thank you very much for your kind reply. I am from India and my research topic is Role of Line Managers, Top Manager and External HR service providers in Management of Human Resources. I am also helping one of my coschloar to calcuate sample size out of approximately 1000 mutual fund schemes provided by 46 fund houses for the past ten years. There is no uniformity regarding starting of different schemes.
    My first question is how to do sampling in finacial research? Most of the research methodology books cite marketing or behavioural science examples. Do you have a reference with respect to finance. Thank you very much for your kind reply.
    With warm regards
    Yours sincerely,
    Shahid Mushtaq

GIUSEPPINA

I want to study clinical case in dentistry and I have the objective to help the pakistan population.
    Best regards, Giuseppina

GIUSEPPINA

Dear Sharid Mushtaq,
    I send You this reference:
    Simoens S.Health economic assessment: a methodological primer. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2009 Dec;6(12):2950-66. Epub 2009 Nov 27.
    Research Centre for Pharmaceutical Care and Pharmaco-economics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium. steven.simoens@pharm.kuleuven.be
    I think that will be useful for You
    Best regards, Giuseppina

Dear Shahid
    you can put this in Google Books sampling methodology in finance and you can find almost 778 books that will help you alot or atleast give you an idea to play. What i can suggest you is to split the funds group according to their type and after that you can get sample from them. Actually I dont know the objective of your study and i would not be confident until i know what you actually want to do. may be the date of induction of various funds is not important at the stage of sampling or it may be very important. 2nd evaluation of fund performance is also a litle bit vague because from what angle you are trying to evaluate teh funds either from risk side or return side or price wise or their strategies wise or their no of subscribers wise..?

GIUSEPPINA

Dear Nikhat Ambreen,
    I have seen your comment on Sharhid required and I think that is another good idea, useful.
    Giuseppina

shahid

Sir thanks for feedback and i expect similar type of help in future also.

Regards
    Shahid

GIUSEPPINA

Dear Shahid,
    I thank you for your comment. Good luck for feedback choiced.
    Best regards,
    Giuseppina

Thanks Giuseppina for the encouragement;
    And Shahid , I think the idea of this space is to help each other. We would be more happy when you share your study with us as well.

Best Regards;

Nikhat

shahid

ok.I will definitely share my research with you.Looking forward for your cooperation.

Regards
    Shahis Mushtaq

There is not a single way to sample size calculation and ussually you need some inofrmation (numbers) to enter into the formula and use a stats method to calculate. i suggest that you speak to a statistician about this as they can do it simply.

shahid

THanks for suggestion.

Regards
    Shahid Mushtaq
    +919760749642

GIUSEPPINA

Dear Mzikazi Nduna,
    I think that your suggestion to Shahis is very good. When we have a lot of experimental dates, the help of a statistician is very important.
    Regards
    Giuseppina

GIUSEPPINA

Dear Shahid,
    I think that your answer is very good. We are a lot of friends that try to help you about search doubts.
    Regards
    Giuseppina

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.