Software to scan paper surveys

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Software to scan paper surveys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I need a software to scan surveys into electronic files (spss, txt, csv, or other).
    The survey was produced with MS word, so the software must be able to read data from Word produced surveys.
    And I’d prefer not to buy an one year licence, but a full version (open source solutions are of course welcome).

Can anyone share any recomendation?

Thanks,

Ricardo

Muir Houston

It is unlikely that you will find what you are looking for – we use REMARK

But i am intrigued, how exactly do you think the software will recognise your data?

first you need to be able to identify all response ‘fields’ and then assign values to them – see the site above for more details.

Steve Gocha

It so happens, I am researching this too.  I’ve heard of a few, like Survey Tracker plus, Snap Survey, and Survey Pro.  But they are pretty expensive.  I just noticed that Remark Office might be the best fit for us and it’s < $1,000.  I think.  But yeah, so far I haven’t found any cheap solutions, let alone any free ones.

Really, all we need is software to recognize the multiple choice answers from a paper survey (saving someone having to manually data enter 1000s of surveys).  We don’t need all the bells and whistles like reporting or analytics…just get the answers in a file format so it can be used with SPSS, etc.  But seems all these software options are super expensive.  :/

Thanks Muir and Steve.

I’ve downloaded Remark Demo and it does an almost perfect job (just doesn’t work well with OCR).

It costs USD 995 (more or less €770) but it is a perpetual licence.

SPSS offers the same solution but it costs more than that for a one-year licence.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.