starting up a project:

Home Forums Default Forum starting up a project:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nadia Ahouari_Idri
    Participant

Graduate and master students generally face a wide number of problems when trying to apply what they have been taught in research methodology and practice. 
      The discusion aims at shedding light on the kind of difficulties these students meet when trying to start up research and try to find out solutions. In addition, how can we succeed in making this link explicit: Research METHODS. BETWEEN THEORY AND PRACTICE?

Yes, Nadia, Yes! That is exactly what I’m facing right now! I have my idea, my site, my methodology, working on questions, but I’m struggling with my theoretical framework for my project. Do you, or anyone, have resources for me to seek that would help me figure this part out? Feeling like the theory is the part that is suppose to ground my study, but I don’t know how to do it! Help!

Nadia Ahouari_Idri
    Participant

Kelly:
    I have posted a document about how to write an effective literature review. There should be an internal and external analysis of documents with your paraphrasing. You need this to first undertsand the concepts, andthen, compare your results with previous researches.
    I hope it will help.
    Yours: Nadia

Jocelyn Campbell
    Participant

Hi Nadia, I am interested in your document about lit reviews but could not find it on the site when I went looking. It is probably in some obvious place that is “cleverly disguised in plain view” as those are the ones I can never seem to find. Thanks for your patience with my inability to find it,
    warmest regards,
    Jocelyn

Nadia Ahouari_Idri
    Participant

Dear Jocelyn:
    You are welcome at any time. Here is the document again. Best wishes: Nadia

Jocelyn Campbell
    Participant

Thank you very much Nadia, it is a very good guide and I appreciate the link to “writing” documents available at U of T as well.
    Jocelyn

Nadia Ahouari_Idri
    Participant

Dear all, I am starting lectures of research methodology (Third year students) and bibliographic research with writing up a research paper with Master Students. They proclaim being unable to start putting theory into practice. Let us share this experience.

Nadia

Nadia Ahouari_Idri
    Participant

Dear Kelly,

How about your paper? That’s a long time we have been absent from discussion. Have managed your difficulties?

Hear from you: Nadia

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.