Submitting papers to peer – reviewed Journals

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Submitting papers to peer – reviewed Journals

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi all, I am preparing a paper for the first time for publication in a peer reviewed Journal. The material is based on research i carried out while doing my masters degree. Any tips on getting started?

Dr. Andrew Kemp
    Participant

It is tricky, but doable.  First, decide where you want to send it.  My advice would be to find past articles from the journal and see if your writing style and content fit.  Included in this would be the methodology you use, the length of the paper, and the complexity of the study. 

Perhaps the hardest part is the writing style.  Thesis writing is quite different from writing for a journal.  Read what the journal wants…  Does it “sound” right?  I know this is vague, but it is important.  The rubrics that many journals use have a category that includes, “does it fit the journal?” 

Finally, follow the rules.  If the journal wants APA…do APA.  If it is a modified Chicago, do that.  Just read and fit your article to the journal.

Hope that helps…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.