The Integrating (Feminine) Reach of Action Research: A Nonet for Epistemological Voice

Home Forums Tools and Resources Selected reading The Integrating (Feminine) Reach of Action Research: A Nonet for Epistemological Voice

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    SAGE Publishing

In this free chapter from her influential The SAGE Handbook of Action Research, Hilary Bradbury of the Oregon Health and Science University presents “a three-by-three ‘nonet’ heuristic as potentially of use in … action research projects.”

As Bradbury concludes the chapter, “I find myself confirming the importance of integrating the three epistemological voices of objectivity, subjectivity, and intersubjectivity, what action researchers call first, second, and third person action research voice and their relationship to action research approaches and practice. This self-legitimating alternative to conventional social science comes from a desire to take up where objective knowledge leaves off. I hope the nonet can be useful as a way to bring deeper reflection to what is present and absent in our work, especially where it allows recognition that the absence of subjective, interiority is the result of an exile, kept in shadow.

To read the chapter, “The Integrating (Feminine) Reach of Action Research: A Nonet for Epistemological Voice,” click here.

For more information The SAGE Handbook of Action Research, click HERE.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.