Thematic Analysis

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Thematic Analysis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Guia Apostle

Hi All,

I am looking for a good reading on thematic analysis. I am currently writing a research proposal and would like to use both quantitative and qualitative methods.

There are quite a few titles on TA. However, you might want to read through one of the pioneering works in TA:

“Transforming qualitative information: thematic analysis and code development” by Richard E. Boyatzis (1998).

Hi, I separate the underlying qualitative theory which can be pretty specific  from the procedural method which is pretty generic.  For the generic procedure I cite:

Braun, V., & Clarke, V. (2006). Using thematic analysis in psychology. Qualitative

Research in Psychology, 3, 77-101.

Ulrike Charlton
    Participant

Hi, I am in a similar situation and would like to recommend a new title from SAGE.
    It is written by Guest,G., MacQueen, K.M. & Namey, E.E. (2012). Applied Thematic Analysis.

You can read the first two chapters as sample material if you click on the link below. 
    Chapter 1. Introduction to Applied Thematic Analysis ;  Chapter 2. Planning and Preparing the Analysis

http://www.uk.sagepub.com/books/Book233379?siteId=sage-uk&prodTypes=any&q=Applied+thematic+analysis&fs=1#tabview=samples

See Michael Quinn Patton, Qualitative Evaluation and Research Methods, Sage publication, 2nd edition. Although it is  suitable mostly for data analysis, interpretation, and reporting, it gives a lot of insight into qualitative methods…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.