Third International Visual Methods Conference??

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Third International Visual Methods Conference??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dawn Mannay
    Participant

Hi everyone

I attended the Second International Visual Methods Conference at the Open Umiversity in Milton Keynes in 2011; which was excellent.

I am hoping to attend the third conference that was planned for 2013 but I haven’t seen any calls for papers or marketing – does anyone know if this is still going ahead?

Many thanks

Dawn

Katie Metzler
    Participant

Good question! I also thought the second one was great. I thought it was going to be in New Zeland this year… but now I’m searching online and can’t find anything about it. The person to ask is Chris High at the Open University… or Gillian Rose. I know Gillian so I can send her an email and see what the score is!

Dawn Mannay
    Participant

Thanks Katie

Yes, I searched the internet and couldn’t see anything either, hopefully Gillian will have an idea about if/when/where

Best wishes

Dawn

Katie Metzler
    Participant

Ok, so the word from Gillian is that it was supposed to be taken over by some people at Wellington, but she’s heard nothing about it since. So, my guess is, it’s probably not happening – or at least not soon as it clearly would take some planning to get everyone over to New Zealand!

If I find out more, I’ll let you know!!

Katie

Dawn Mannay
    Participant

Thanks for the update Katie

Katie Metzler
    Participant

Hi Dawn, Gillian’s just posted this on her blog so apparently it looks like it is happening after all! In Sept in Wellington http://visualmethodculture.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/third-international-visual-methods-conference/  

Dawn Mannay
    Participant

Hi Katie

Thanks for this – so it looks like the conference is on after all, I just got the same information by email as I must be on the mailing list from last time

Thanks again, have a fab new year

Maybe see you in NZ

Best wishes

Dawn

Dawn Mannay
    Participant

http://arts.brighton.ac.uk/whats-on/tg/sallis-benney-events/theater-events-2015/september/4th-international-visual-methods-conference-2015 

Link to the conference, will be presenting and looking forward to seeing the other performances, workshops and papers 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.