VIS METH CURIOUS

Home Forums Default Forum VIS METH CURIOUS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    J Scurlock

VIS METH CURIOUS
    I am trying to synthesize a list of established visual art, film and photography research methods that might be used for educational research. Here are the catagories which I am putting out there for review, to be rephrased or added to. I’m interested in knowing who the Guru’s are for these methods, and where the epicentre of practice is for each.

A/R/T ography (I’m intrested in the visual art element of these methods)
    Ethnographic Film
    Image-Based Research
    Visual Research
    Art Practice as Research

Katy Gregg

Hello, I am definitely not a guru on this by any means, but I did do a bit of research into for a lesson I presented in a Qualitative Data Analysis class. I am attaching my powerpoint and references for you to review. Let me know if it helps!
    Katy Gregg

David Harris
    Participant

HI,
    I am no guru either, just a humble seeker of enlightenment, but I have a small RLO on visual methods here which you are welcome to use.My colleague and I also have a chapter on visual methods in tourism research out soon — I’ll send on the details.
    Best wishes
    Dave Harris

David Harris
    Participant

Sorry — I’ve also just remembered this edition of the excellent free online journal — Forum of Qualitative Research. Vol 9 is all about visual research — get it here

J Scurlock

Thanks for this!

J Scurlock

Thanks for this!

J Scurlock

And this!

Cheers,
    Jenny

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.