what are the casual links between performance and corporate governance in public entities?

Home Forums Methodspace discussion what are the casual links between performance and corporate governance in public entities?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I will be glad to read discusions on topical issues regarding casual links and arguments on theory for public performance, theory and corporate governance.

Any hints? Good people out there, kindly let me be informed ,moreover this can be best if it relates to mixed methods approach which is sequential and triangulated in the processes

Pat Bazeley
    Participant

You might find Diane Vaughan’s chapter on theory elaboration in Ragin and Becker’s 1992 What is a case? of interest (though purely qualitative).

For a mixed methods approach to explanatory theory, based on a realist/critical realist epistemology, see any of a number of articles (and a 2011 book) by Joseph Maxwell – very readable and clear.

Pat

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the update. I’m searching these references since I don’t have them at Wits university library.

Regards,

Richard Gudoi

Pat Bazeley
    Participant

Hi Richard,

You should be able to access:

Maxwell, J. A. (2004). Causal explanation, qualitative research, and scientific inquiry in education. Educational Researcher, 33(2), 3-11. The arguments would apply equally well to corporate governance.

He has a chapter on a realist perspective, also, in the second edition of the Sage Handbook for Mixed Methods Research in the Social and Behavioral Sciences.

Pat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.