What institutions/groups in the Asia-Pacific are involved in visual research?

Home Forums Default Forum What institutions/groups in the Asia-Pacific are involved in visual research?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

To me it seems as though there is a lot of visual research activity based in the UK and the US. But I’m wondering what is happening in the the Asia-Pacific region?

I’m based at the Australian National University (ANU) in Canberra, Australia – and it is becoming more apparent that there are a number of researchers using visual methods in schools across campus, such as the Centre for Visual Anthropology, School of Sociology, Fenner School of Environment and Society, Research School of the Humanities and Arts. These researchers are approaching visual research in a variety of ways (and using diverse techniques, such as participatory video/photography, mapping, modelling, visual ethnography and so on). A presentation on visual methods late last year by Lauren-Leigh Hinthorne (from Centre for Communication and Social Change, University of Queensland, Brisbane) at the Human Ecology Forum in Canberra run by the Fenner School of Environment and Society attracted a number of researchers using visual methods across campus (and Canberra).

What other institutions/groups are involved in visual research in the Asia-Pacific?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.