World class quality education in primary schools: a process of continuous improvement in administration, management and supervision

Home Forums Default Forum World class quality education in primary schools: a process of continuous improvement in administration, management and supervision

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Deyvindrah Sanasy
    Participant

Could anyone share some ideas on the above topic for my dissertation. Your proposals,suggestions and contributions would be most welcome and invaluable to me for an approach from an international perspective.

Robert Adams

My first thought is that the phrase “world class quality education” needs to be defined. What is a world class education, and what is a quality world class education? What is it at the primary school level as opposed to higher levels? My second thought is that a “process of continuous improvement” requires an ongoing cycle of assessment, evaluation and improvement of curriculum, methods, programs and materials so that successful items can be retained, and unsuccessful items can be changed or discontinued. This is a process that is best done by administrators collaborating with teachers. Achieving world class quality education will have to involve teachers. It can never be just a matter of supervision/administration; however, there are practices of an administrator/supervisor/manager that can be studied to determine what works best. Such a study will be culture-specific. What is identified as a best practice in one culture may not be best in another.

In order to identify a practice as successful, some form of measurement will be needed. Will success be measured by test scores, acceptance into accelerated or advanced programs, etc. Whatever the measure chosen, results of different practices being studied will be compared using the chosen measurement or measurements to determine which is best, and which is unsuccessful. Will practices within a culture or school be compared, or will practices between different cultures or schools be compared? If you are interested in an international study, you may need to find common ground in what each country or district values in its education, so that a fair comparison can be made.

I hope my comments are helpful to you.

Deyvindrah Sanasy
    Participant

Thank you very much Mr Robert Adams. your comments have given me a new way of looking at the research and of exploring the content. wish to get more advice from you.

D Sanasy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.