writing research question in quasi-experimental method

Home Forums Default Forum writing research question in quasi-experimental method

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    funda sahillioğlu
    Participant

Hello respected members. I am in need of sources that describe how to write research questions in the matching only pretest and posttest control group desing. Any comment on this topic is also welcomed.

Rob hall

Hullo Funda, before making any suggestions, can I please clarify something. You mention “control group”. Are you planning to run an experiment where you have some control over the variables or are you planning a an experiment where you can select subjects/respondents/participants but cannot control the variables?

funda sahillioğlu
    Participant

Hello Rob, basically, I will have  two groups both are control groups and I am conducting an experiment in which two corpus tools  similar to each other in some respect  are introduced to improve students’ English grammar. We are planning to give pre-test and post-test to both groups. Also, groups are nonrandomized. Actually, it seems to fit to quasi-experimental the matching only pre-post test control group design. We avoided from not training one group on the corpus and other without corpus.

Thanks for your reply

The Dissertation Cookbook by Dr. Bruce Francis is a good source.

funda sahillioğlu
    Participant

Thanks a lot.

Charles BERG
    Participant

Consider the option of a regression discontunuity design, see: http://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/pdf/wwc_rd.pdf, Charles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.