Your Feedback on SAGE Research Methods is Needed!

Home Forums Default Forum Your Feedback on SAGE Research Methods is Needed!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tony Greene
    Participant

If you’ve spent any time on SAGE Research Methods, we’d love to hear your thoughts!  How is it working for you?  How do you like the content?  Is the Methods Map helpful?   Can you drag and drop lists into your own methods lists?  Are there any research videos you’d like to see?  Please give us your thoughts right here on Methodspace!

Until now, everything is perfect. Sadly my University doesn’t subscribe the  “SAGE Research Methods”.

Tony Greene
    Participant

Hi Jorge, sorry your university doesn’t subscribe.  If you let me know what university you are with, I’m happy to investigate how we can change that!

Hi Tony.

I’m PhD Student (Psychology) in University of Porto (Faculty of Psychology and Sciences of Education). It would be great if the university subscribe the SRMO.

Thanks. 

Tony Greene
    Participant

In Portugal.  Fantastic!  I will alert our sales team in Europe to contact your university library.  In the meantime, you can recommend SRM to your librarian by clicking this Recommend to Your Librarian link.  Good luck with your studies and thanks for your support!

I appreciate your help.

Best regards.

Clive Sims
    Participant

I have found it very useful in my role as a research leader/supervisor. It gives me quick & convenient access to a broad & in-depth range of materials. Unlike others who have replied I am in the happy position of being able to access it via Athens.

Barbara Adamson
    Participant

The Methods Map is not showing up for me at the moment when I open to full screen yet I’m sure it has done so in the past.  Is there any setting I need to check?

Thanks

Hi Tony!

“Interpretation” is an inadequate term for contrasting quantitative and qualitative social science methods. In my book, The Human Birth Defect, I demonstrate empathy as a method for the social sciences. This thesis builds on my discussion of Michael Polanyi’s social science method, at http://papers.ssrn.com/abstract=1150941

A bunch of numbers about people doing things means nothing unless an interpreter uses empathy to make sense of the numbers.

What does Sage have on empathy as a method for the social sciences?

William J. Kelleher, Ph.D.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.