In September 2020 we focused on emerging and online research methods. You will find that series of interviews with innovative authors and researchers, original posts, and open-access resources through this link. In May 2021 we are focusing on Finding Data in Documents and Datasets. Many researchers look for documents in the posts made online. If you want to use these sources of data, check out this show-and-tell research conversation.
SAGE author Trena Paulus joined with Alyssa Wise to write a fascinating book: Looking for Insight, Transformation, and Learning in Online Talk. I had a chance to discuss this book with the co-authors, and asked them to share an example of this kind of analysis.
You can also view an author interview for Trena Paulus’ SAGE book, Qualitative Research in a Digital World.
Relevant MethodSpace Posts
- Decolonizing Knowing: Transcending Linearity and Hyper-Productivity as a Restorative Community-Building Practice
- Facebook Groups as Research Method
- The One Netnography Tool You Should Never Be Without: The Immersion Journal—Part 1 of 4
- In Praise of Involvement
- A Unique Lens of Research Ethics
- Practical Tips for Getting Started with Harvesting and Analyzing Online Text
- Online Research: Analyze Talk
- Thinking about collecting qualitative data using digital methods? Introducing Tracking and Trawling