This in-depth 2-day course will help researchers develop their knowledge and professional skills in handling, managing and sharing the research data they produce.
The hands-on workshop will focus on all kinds of data – quantitative and qualitative – covering:
- Why and how to share data
- Research data management planning
- Documenting and providing context for data
- Formatting and organising data
- Storing and transferring data
- Ethics, privacy and access
- Rights relating to research data
- Publishing and citing research data
Having these skills are increasingly important to researchers seeking to advance their careers, as they are not taught in most postgraduate programmes. In addition to managing and safekeeping research data for personal use, funders are increasingly mandating data management plans that allow data to be archived and reused, while journals are requiring submission of data underpinning peer-reviewed publications.
Further information, fees and booking: https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=4689