I’m writing up my PhD thesis using classical GT, but I’m not sure of a good structure for organising it. My initial thoughts are:
- introduction (written last!)
- Background – why this area of research
- Methodology – why classical GT, discussion identifying different types of GT, and how I identified my participants at the beginning of my study – participant characteristics changed as a result of the emerging theory
- Present a brief overview of the theory as an introduction to a more detailed presentation of each category, beginning with the “problem” identified by participants, then moving to the core category and subsequent categories
- Conclusion/implications for practice
Does this sound at all reasonable?