Categories: Contemporary Issues, Creative Methods, Data Collection, Multimodal, Online Research, Other, Qualitative, Quantitative, Research, Research Design, Research Ethics, Research Roles, Research Skills
In June we are focusing on a range of qualitative and quantitative methods for collecting data online. Find the unfolding series through this link. We will build on the May focus: Finding Data in Documents and Datasets. Explore the whole 2021 series on stages of the research process: Finding the Question, Choosing Methodology and Methods, Designing an Ethical Study, and Collecting Data from & with Participants.
Meet Rob Kozinets, our June Mentor in Residence
This month you will see posts about Netnography and related online research guidance from Dr. Robert Kozinets. Begin by hearing him define Netnography, and discuss how his thinking has evolved with changes to the Internet and how we communicate via social media.
More about Netnography
Want to learn more? Explore this reading list on SAGE Research Methods! It contains e-books and chapters, videos and cases, by Kozinets and other researchers who have used Netnography in their studies.
If you do not have access through an academic library, access SAGE Research Methods with a free trial.
Relevant MethodSpace Posts
- Facebook Groups as Research Method
- The One Netnography Tool You Should Never Be Without: The Immersion Journal—Part 1 of 4
- Practical Tips for Getting Started with Harvesting and Analyzing Online Text
- Online Research: Analyze Talk
- Thinking about collecting qualitative data using digital methods? Introducing Tracking and Trawling
- Using Social Media for Research Podcast
- Watch the MethodSpace Live Webinar: Doing Research Online