The MethodSpace focus for October is on Action Research. Our Mentors-in-Residence this month are Ernie Stringer and Alfredo Ortiz Aragon, co-authors of a new edition of the text Action Research. You can find the unfolding series of posts through this link.
Special issue: Participatory Action Research: International Perspectives and Practices
Did you see the interview with Ernie Stringer and Alfredo Ortiz Aragon? In addition to offering definitions and introducing ideas that we will explore this month, they shared stories from their own research. Ernie Stringer gave examples from his studies in aboriginal communities in Western Australia, while Alfredo Ortiz Aragon described action research in San Antonio, Texas. Click below to watch!
Ernie and Alfredo discussed a new special issue of the International Review of Qualitative Research they put together with colleagues Mary Brydon-Miller and Michael Kral. We were able to make this issue open access for the month of October. so please take a look and download the articles that interest you. Here is the table of contents:
Relevant MethodSpace Posts
- March Focus: Designing an Ethical Study.
- Action Research Podcast: Interview with the Editors
- Coordinating global cities research: Knowsi case study
- How do researchers foster trust?
- What Does Trustworthy and Credible MTurk Research Look Like? Recommendations and Checklist
- How to Write, Evaluate, and Use Methodological Literature Reviews
- What kind of researcher are YOU?