June is right around the corner– and with it a new focus on Research Career Crossroads. We’ll look at career skills and transitions, whether you are graduating and looking for your first position, thinking about a career change, or finding yourself in pandemic-related career upheaval. We’ll look at options and opportunities for scholars and researchers in traditional and new settings– or settings you invent for yourself!
This event about alternative academic careers came to my attention, so I want to share it with you in time to get it on your schedules.
“An Open Conversation w/the Authors of *Going Alt-Ac,”
June 3, 2020 4p ET.
Register FREE http://bit.ly/GoAltAc & ask questions about becoming, being, and thriving as an alt-ac.
Learn more in this Inside Higher Ed interview with the authors. Kathryn E. Linder, Kevin Kelly and Thomas J. Tobin. MethodSpace readers might recognize Katie Linder, whose excellent work in academic podcasting has been featured in multiple posts.
Relevant MethodSpace Posts
- Thinking about writing a journal article?
- Join The Impact Challenge
- Tips for Faculty Who Mentor Students Who are Working Professionals
- Calling, Change, and Career
- Online Event: Caring for Impact on the Job Market: Asset or Liability?
- Research Beyond Academia
- Interview with Award-Winning Textbook Authors
- Teaching Peacemakers
- Career Crossroads for Scholar Practitioners: Interview with Dr. Gary Burkholder
- Self and Social: An Interview about Autoethnography