November is Academic Writing Month #AcWriMo at Methodspace! The theme of week two is: Getting Organized.
Here are some open access resources from SAGE Publications and respected writing centers or bloggers to help you set priorities and meet writing goals:
- Chapter 2: “Chapter 2 Goodson_Becoming an Academic Writer 2e (1)” from Becoming an Academic Writer 50 Exercises for Paced, Productive, and Powerful Writing by Patricia Goodson.
- How successful academics write from the Thesis Whisperer.
- How to Organize Research Notes and Digital Notetaking by Nick Blackbourne.
- Ten Top Tips for Successful Book Authoring from Helen Kara.
For student writers:
- Chapter 1 from Writing Your Thesis by Paul Oliver.
- Good Essay Writing, by Peter Redman and Wendy Maples. Free resources on the companion site.
- Essential Study Skills, by Tom Burns, and Sandra Sinfield. Free resources on the companion site.
- Writing a Paper: Organizing Your Thoughts: Resources from Walden University.
- Structure and Organization: Resources from Dartmouth University.
- Discipline-specific writing guides from Harvard University.
Share your resources! Post them in the comment area or add them in our next Tweetchat.