This month MethodSpace will focus on emerging and online research methods– emerging ideas about research and how we can keep conducting inquiries during the pandemic. You will find interviews with innovative authors and researchers, original posts, and open-access resources through this link.
To help her education students and others catapulted into online teaching and learning, my colleague Narelle Lemon started a podcast: Teachers Supporting Teachers. Given that I was an early adopter for online education, she asked me to participate. The results of our conversation is are now online in two podcast episodes. While these podcasts do not address research instruction specifically, I think the points made are relevant when teaching methods and engaging student researchers.
Two Podcasts about Teaching Online
Follow the links to find them on Spotify, Apple, and other podcast sites.
Episode 13: Online Learning & Social, Cognitive & Teacher Presence
New Book and Tips about Learning Online
If you are on the other side of the monitor as a student, you might be interested in this new book. Learning online requires more than the ability to navigate technology. You need to be able to understand expectations and assessment protocols, organize and manage work more independently, participate thoughtfully, and communicate respectfully. The book is written as a guide and workbook, so you can use it to analyze and manage your own online learning coursework. Online faculty might find it of interest too, when trying to design and plan engaging class activities and assignments.
Relevant MethodSpace Posts
- Learn about teaching methods online!
- Resources about Research Questions
- Trying to teach in the Covid era? Need FLUX pedagogy?
- View Webinars on Qualitative Research Online with Human Participants
- How-to Podcast
- Qualitative E-Research Reading Lists on SRM
- Teaching Students Quants is Hard Enough and Now I Have to Do It on MS Teams!
- SAGE Campus Expands to Online Learning for Skills and Research Methods
- Teaching & learning online? Two new podcasts & a book
Want to receive MethodSpace by email? Subscribe to get a weekly listing of new posts!